Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just Another Day in Guangzhou (today written by Karen)




Today we had a "free day," as our facilitator had to go to the US Consulate to finalize our paperwork. We got our "okay" at 11:32 am. Tomorrow we, as a family, will be going to the US Consulate to take the group oath. The rest of our day we did our final souvenir shopping, played in the Swan Room (playroom at the hotel), spent time in the hotel room (playing with Play Doh and DS), and ate dinner at the Thai restaurant again. I have to say we have had excellent meals in China, with the exception of one dinner and one lunch in 2 weeks (that's pretty good odds). Angie and I did some extra shopping before dinner (Jeff did not offer any money this time so I only came back with a free Chinese fan because I brought Angie to a store that I was in earlier today) and then we stopped at Starbucks for a coffee (that was a real treat and relaxing and good girl-time). The weather continues to be hot and humid, with a nice breeze. I like it. Jeff and Jared are sweating a lot. I am wondering if the summer heat has kicked in at home...... I guess that is all for now -- Shae Rose is sleeping, Jared is back on the DS, and Jeff is waiting for me to finish. Love you all and thanks for all the prayers (they are definitely felt). P.S. The pictures of Jared and Shae Rose by the window are at the breakfast buffet this morning. In one she is giving Jared a kiss. Awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. That is one sweet picture of your kiddos! I am glad you guys are doing well. Hang in there, just a few days left. It gets tiring at the end and the homesickness creeps upon you but soon you will be home as a family in your OWN bed! So glad y'all are doing so good.

    ~Branda

    ReplyDelete